Thursday, July 30, 2015

I was a police officer for 30 years and have had people on traffic stops run from me. I've been on DUI field coordination tests and had subjects run, jump back into their car and flee. I've seen a lot and done a lot in my 30. I was a training officer for 15 years, the longest FTO ever on a major metropolitan police dept. Nothing I saw on the video warranted the officer removing his weapon from it's holster and frankly it left me with a blank stare wondering ... why? Was the officer wrong? No question, but murder in California requires one necessary element. Malice aforethought. Dunnow the law in Ohio, but short of self-defense the officer had no authority and now faces manslaughter at a minimum. I was a police officer working the hood mostly and was consistently faced day in and day out with non-compliance, it's part of the job. Unless you work Lilly white neighborhoods, as a cop you learn to deal with it otherwise you don't last 30 years.

2 comments:

  1. Having read this I believed it was extremely informative.
    I appreciate you taking the time and energy to put this information together.
    I once again find myself spending a significant
    amount of time both reading and posting comments.
    But so what, it was still worthwhile!

    Take a look at my blog :: phone number reagan national airport

    ReplyDelete